Iran World Cup Visas Approved Before Los Angeles Matches

Iran World Cup Visas approval has cleared the national team to enter the United States for its first two matches. Iran had moved its camp from Tucson to Tijuana after earlier processing problems. U.S. officials said players received approval, with coaches, trainers and some support staff also issued visas. The decision removes the biggest travel uncertainty around Iran before Group G begins.
The timing matters because Iran start against New Zealand near Los Angeles on June 15. Belgium follow six days later at the same tournament site before Iran travel to Seattle for Egypt on June 26. The FIFA World Cup 2026 gives Iran a difficult football route and a demanding travel route. Visa approval lets Amir Ghalenoei shift attention back to squad readiness.
Why Iran’s Visa Approval Changes The Camp Picture
Iran’s camp plan had already changed once because the U.S. paperwork remained unresolved. The team moved away from a planned Arizona base and chose Tijuana, which keeps the squad near California while reducing U.S. exposure before matchday. That adjustment created extra logistics around passports, travel windows and staff movement. Approval now lets the federation work through entry timing rather than the larger eligibility question.
The process also mattered because Iran trained in Antalya before moving toward North America. Players and staff had already secured Mexican visas through the embassy in Ankara. That left U.S. entry as the final practical barrier for the first two group matches. A late delay would have forced the team to manage travel stress days before competitive football.
Officials said all players had been approved for visas, while the wider delegation received approval across football and support roles. It remains yet to be confirmed whether any applicants outside the main team group were denied. Passport return timing also remains a practical detail because travel cannot finish until documents are back in hand. Those smaller steps still matter, but the main decision has shifted in Iran’s favor.
The approval gives the coaching staff a cleaner week. Training can focus on shape, set pieces and opponent preparation instead of contingency routes. Iran still need to handle hotel movement, border timing and security planning. Yet the team now have a direct path into the United States for the matches that matter first.
Group G Pressure Now Returns To Football
Group G already demanded sharp preparation before the visa story. Iran face New Zealand, Belgium and Egypt across three different tactical profiles. New Zealand can test aerial defending and restarts, while Belgium bring a deeper attack. Egypt give the group a final match with qualification pressure likely still alive.
The Belgium match may become Iran’s hardest early test. Belgium carry enough attacking quality to punish a slow start, especially if Iran spend the first game adjusting to tournament tempo. Ghalenoei needs midfield discipline and a clean outlet after turnovers. Visa relief helps, but it does not solve the football problem.
Egypt in Seattle could decide whether Iran stay in the knockout race. That match follows the two California fixtures, so travel and recovery will become part of the story. Iran need to protect energy across the first week rather than treating the opener as the only urgent match. The expanded format rewards teams that keep margins manageable.
Iran’s squad also carries unusual pressure because domestic football has faced disruption this year. Some home-based players entered camp after limited club rhythm, which makes training time more valuable. The staff need clear roles around the forward line, defensive transitions and set-piece assignments. Visa approval gives them room to work, not room to relax.
| Iran Visa Detail | Current Update |
|---|---|
| Main Decision | U.S. visas approved for Iran’s World Cup players |
| Delegation Status | Coaches, trainers and some support staff also received visas |
| Camp Shift | Iran moved from Tucson to Tijuana after earlier processing problems |
| First Two Matches | New Zealand on June 15, Belgium six days later near Los Angeles |
The direct answer for supporters is simple: Iran can now prepare to enter the United States for the first two matches. The remaining uncertainty sits around exact travel timing and any delegation members outside the confirmed visa group. That distinction matters because the players are the competitive priority. Staff movement still shapes how smooth the camp feels.
Iran’s next challenge is keeping the visa story from swallowing the football story. The players need predictable routines before New Zealand and Belgium. The federation also has to manage public attention around border movement and security. A stable first week would turn a tense administrative issue into a closed chapter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Iran have cleared the travel hurdle, and the next test is turning a calmer camp into a sharper Group G start.
Stay tuned to FWCTimes.com for the latest FIFA World Cup 2026 updates.
Read Also: Iran Move World Cup Camp From Arizona To Tijuana






